Summer may be over, but cucumber still tastes good to me! I’m not a big salad guy, but I do like them in my salads and I pretty much use them in all of my homemade fresh veggie juices.
This meal plan uses cucumbers as the centerpiece and you can lose about a pound a day on it if you stay away from sweets and alcohol (counterproductive on metabolism).
My favorite feature of cucumbers is that they are pretty much all water and super-hydrating. What do cucumbers have to offer beyond being a high water, low-calorie food?
This veggie has antioxidant and antidiabetic properties that are also known for its cleansing power to remove stagnant waste materials and chemical toxins. Actually, cucumbers have a few more benefits to consider…
Benefits of Cucumbers
- Loaded with nutrients
- Keeps your nails strong
- Prevents cancer
Cucumber Diet Meal Plan
We don’t recommend doing this for longer than 14 days at a time, take a break for 3-5 days by eating healthy fats and proteins, and then resume if you want to lose more weight. The relevant recipes are below the meal plan.
- Breakfast: Cucumber salad (recipe below) and 2 hard-boiled eggs for breakfast
- For lunch: Cucumber salad and 1/2 cup almonds
- For dinner: Cucumber salad
- Snack: Apple for after breakfast or after lunch
- Shake: Have a cucumber shake (recipe below) if you get hungry
Important: Be sure to use organic foods whenever possible.
Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cups organic cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sprigs organic fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 organic clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon organic lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Cucumber Shake Recipe
- 1 organic apple
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 thumb organic ginger
- 1/2 cup organic almonds
Mix everything in a blender (we recommend this).
Do this routine 5 days a week.
- Exercise #1: Burpees — 4 sets of 20
- Exercise #2: Mountain Climbers — 4 sets of 20
- Tip #1: Keep it 45-60 seconds of rest in between sets
- Tip #2: Increase the sets and reps as time goes on