We know that it’s really uncomfortable to talk about poop. But, ladies and gentlemen, it’s very important for you to know certain things about it, because it can reveal a lot about your health. Defecation is a crucial body function, which means that when there are changes in the bowel movements, it might be a sign of a certain disease or condition. The stool is around 75% water and the rest is a combination of fiber, dead and living bacteria, different cells and mucus. A normal poop is usually smooth and soft, elongated, and whole. The poop should be S-shaped. And, when it comes to healthy poop color, it is definitely medium to light brown.
- Small and hard lumpy poop – this type of poop might be a sign of acute inflammation of the small intestine. This type of poop is small, abrasive, and solid, with a diameter of 1-2 centimeters. But, sometimes, this type of poop can occur in people who are using antibiotics and it usually causes anal bleeding.
- Sausage shaped poop with lumps – it’s very difficult to pass and it can cause anal bleeding. The diameter is between 3-5 centimeters and it’s common among people who suffer from IBS.
- Sausage shaped stool with cracked surface – this type is very similar to the previous one. And, the only difference is that this one is processed much faster.
- Sausage-shaped poop, smooth, and soft – this type of poop is common among people who defecate every day.
- Soft blobs of stool with defined edges – it’s common in people who defecate a few times a day, after major meals.
- Fluffy poop with ragged and torn edges – it has a soft texture and the experts warn that it may be a potential sign of high blood pressure and stress.
- Diarrhea type of stool – depending on the odor and color, this type of poop may be a warning sign that you’re suffering from some disease.
- Black or bright red stool – you should know that this poop is a sign of bleeding in the GIT.
- Pale brown or white stool – it might be a symptom of hepatitis, cirrhosis, or pancreatic disease.
- Yellow-colored poop – according to the experts, the poop is yellow when a person is experiencing gallbladder problems.
The unpleasant smell of poop may be a sign of different health problems, such as:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Celiac disease
- Problems with digestion and absorption