Have you ever asked your self what would happen if you had as much lemons as you wanted? Of course you will have fresh lemons and as much lemonade as you want. Like the old saying says “If life gives you lemons, then simply make lemonade”.
You can improve your health very much from lemons. Now we will tell you how to grow your own lemon tree inside your house, it is very simple only by planting the seed from the lemon.
Lemon Health Benefits
We cannot deny the powerful properties and health improvements of eating a lemon, but if you look for a small snack between meals, lemon is the last fruit you would take.
Huge amounts of vitamin C are contained inside the lemon, which makes lemons good to prevent and recover from flu or a cold. Lately some studies have shown that vitamin C prevent from inflammation and reduce the damaging effects of free radicals, also they can treat more serious illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
Despite their cleansing properties, lemons also have great anticancer and antioxidant abilities.
How to easily grow a lemon tree:
- Potting soil
- Store-bought lemon
- Reathable plastic film
- Area with a lot of sun or grow lights
Planting your seed:
— Mix your potting soil with some water, in a bucket.
— Use moistened oil in a container and leave a few inches below its rim.
— Slice a lemon in half and look for a seed that is decent shaped.
— The seed needs to be moist if you want to plant it. Suck the seed to remove.
— After the seed is planted one inch in the soil just gently water it.
— First to keep it warm cover the container of the seed, make sure it is not too hot for it, because it may rot.
— For a few weeks keep an eye on the place where the seed was planted. When you notice the first leaves coming out remove the cover.
— Once the first leaves come out you still need to keep it in a warm place and in a place where the sun gets is the most intense.
Caring for the plant:
- When the lemon tree is still young keep the soil moist for most of the time. Make draining holes in your container don’t let the water stay on the top when you pour some.
- The young lemon tree will need a lot of heat and light through the day, at least 8 hours, so place it in the lightest room you have.
- When needed add fertilizer, it is not like other plants.
- The tree will grow every day, when it gets big enough to not fit in your home, feel free to move it in a bigger container or simply move it to your backyard or on your balcony.