Most stores sell unhealthy butter, made from pasteurized milk. On the other hand, homemade organic butter is very healthy because it contains the vitamins and minerals from raw milk, especially vitamin A, important for healthy skin, tissue, teeth and eyes. Butter is mainly consisted of short/medium chain fatty acids, which can help our body in the protection against cancerous cells.
Make your own organic butter
In order to make organic butter, you will only 2 ingredients:
- 2 cups of organic, heavy milk
- Sea salt
- Process the heavy cream in a food processor for 10 minutes. At first, it will turn into thick whipped cream.
- Process the cream until it turns grainy. It will separate into butter and buttermilk.
- Drain the butter milk from the butter and scrape the butter from the sides of the processor.
- Put the butter under cold water and gently turn it with a spoon, until the running water becomes clear.
- With a wooden spoons/paddle, squeeze the rest of the liquid from the butter.
- Put the butter in a jar and store it in the fridge. It can last up to a few months.
If you have kinds, they`ll love these combinations with unsalted, softened butter:
- Sesame oil and grated ginger
- Lemon zest and parsley
- Fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Honey and pecans
- Fresh sage, orange zest and cranberries (fresh or dried)
- Maple syrup, blueberries and orange zest
- Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped garlic, Thai basil and drained, pickled ginger.