Oregano Tea – WHY?
- Oregano has powerful antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
- It’s loaded with fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection.
- Oregano is powerful enough to fight drug-resistant MRSA.
- Its anti-inflammatory benefits also treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
- You can use it to treat asthma, bronchitis, heartburn, bloating, cramps, headaches, fatigue, muscle pain, toothaches, and gum disease.
- Oregano’s benefits are partly due to its high antioxidant content.
- This herb has 42 times the antioxidant punch of apples. These antioxidants also improve colon cancer in laboratory animals.
Oregano Tea for Colds
As we said, oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to boost phlegm expulsion.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
Follow the simple instructions:
- First, you need to bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Then, you need to chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- And now, simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and add honey.
- Enjoy your tea.
NOTE: ladies and gentlemen, you can also cool the tea and apply it to your skin to treat acne and dandruff. Or, you can drink a hot cup after a heavy meal to improve digestion, fight gas production, and prevent constipation.
Source: Daily Health Post